Impact of GA3 Seed Pre-Treatment on Seedling growth in Delonix Regia
- 1School of Forestry and Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007, UP, India
- 2Biotechnology-cum-Tissue Culture Centre, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar-751003, Odisha, India
- 3School of Forestry and Environment, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences, Allahabad-211007, UP, India
Res. J. Recent Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 47-49, November,2 (2016)
An experiment was conducted during the year 2015-16 at the nursery of Biotechnology- cum-Tissue Culture Centre, OUAT, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, to study the impact of physical treatments of seeds with GA3 ( i.e. Control, 700, 710, 720, 730, 740, 750, 760, 770,780,790 and 800 ppm concentration ) on seedling growth in Delonix regia. Seeds physically treated with of GA3 at 790 ppm significantly enhanced the plant height (41.66cm), number of bipinnate leaves (8.33), maximum root length (28.66 cm), seedling fresh biomass (6.59 g) and dry biomass (2.55g) at 45 Days after sowing (DAS). Hence, it may be concluded that seeds pre- treated with GA3 at 790 ppm play an important role for obtaining better quality seedlings of Delonix regia.
- Kundu M. and Kachari J. (2001)., Effect of accelerated ageing on moisture content, germination percentage and electrolyte leachate of seeds of Cassia fistula Linn., Seed Research, 29, 215-218.
- Bedell P.E. (1998)., Seed Science and Technology: Indian Forestry Species., Allied Publishers, New Delhi, India, 346-354.
- Biradar B.B., Mahadevappa M. and Munegowda M.K. (1988)., Seed scarification studies in Subabul., Seed Research, 238-240.
- Sinhababu A. and Banerjee A. (2013)., Optimization of seed germination of some multipurpose tree legumes by seed treatments., The Journal of Plant Physiology., 114, 170-175.
- Webb D.B., Wood P.J., Smith J.P. and Henman G.S. (1984)., A guide to species selection for tropical and sub tropical plantation., Trop. For Pap.15, 2nd Ed Oxford U.K., University of Oxford, Common wealth Forestry Institute: 256.
- Rout S., Beura S. and Khare N. (2016)., Effect of GA3 on seed germination of Delonix regia., Research Journal of Recent Sciences, (ISC-2015, Special issue), 1-3.
- Randhawa M.S. (1957)., Flowering trees in India., New Delhi, India, ICAR.
- Luna R.K. (2005)., Plantion trees., IBD, Deradhun, India.
- Adje F., Lozano Y.F., Mudee E., Lozano P., Adima A., Nzi G.A. and Gaydon E.M. (2008)., Anthocyanine characterization of pilot plant water extract of D. regia flower., Molucles, 13, 1238-1245.
- Rao R.V., Krishna Rao, Ganapathy P.M. and Rao B.G. (1977)., Anti-inflammatory activity of the leaves and bark of Delonix elata., Ancient Science of Life., 17(2), 141-143.
- Vidyasagar G.M. and Prashant Kumar P. (2007)., Traditional herbal remedies for gynaecological disorders in women of Bidar district, Karnataka, India., Fitoterapia., 78, 48.
- Gomez K.A. and Gomez A.A. (1984)., Statistical procedures for Agriculture Research., 2nd edn., John Willey and Sons, Inc., New York., 68.
- Yadav R.L., Dhaka R.S. and Fageria M.S. (2000)., Effect of GA3, NAA and Succinate acid on growth and yield of Cabbage cv. Golden acre., Haryana J. Horticultural Science., 29(3/4), 269-270.
- Lee J., Joung K.T., Hayain K.H. and Hee L.S. (1999)., Effect of chilling and growth regulators in seedling stage on flowering of Lilium formolongi., Hangut Wanye Hakcheochi., 40(2), 248-252.
- Ashraf M., Karim F. and Rasul E. (2002)., Interactive effects of gibberellic acid (GA3) and salt stress on growth, ion accumulation and photosynthetic capacity of two spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars differing in salt tolerance., Plant Growth Regulation, 36, 49-59.
- Thomas S.G., Rieu I. and Steber C.M. (2005)., Gibberellin metabolism and signaling., Vitam Horm, 72, 289-338.
- Taiz L. and Zeiger E. (2010)., Plant Physiology., Sinauer Associates Inc., USA, (2010)