Evaluation of New 2-N-tert-butyl-5-aryl-1, 3, 4-Oxadiazol-2-Amines for Antimicrobial Activity
- 1Department of Chemistry, Mungsaji Maharaj Mahavidyalaya, Darwha, Dist: Yavatmal, MS, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur, MS, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (9), Pages 55-57, September,18 (2016)
A series of five membered heterocyclic oxadiazole derivatives synthesized by intramolecular cyclisation of N-tert-butyl-2-aroyl hydrazine carbothioamides (IIa-g) with iodine-pot.iodide in basic medium were tested for their biological activities against selected microorganisms. The newly synthesized compounds were investigated for their antimicrobial activities by Agar diffusion method. For antibacterial study, the bacterial strain used included both gram-positive strains like Ecoli and gram negative strain S.aureus. Antifungal activity was performed against the fungus A. niger. Among the synthesized compounds (IIIa-g), few compounds showed weak antimicrobial activities in comparison with standard drugs.
- Padmaja A., Muralikrishna A., Rajashekhar C. and Padmmavthi V. (2011)., Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Pyrrolyl/Pyrazolyl Arylaminosulfonylmethyl 1,3,4-Oxadiazoles, 1,3,4-Thiadiazoles and 1,2,4-Triazoles., Chem. Pharm. Bull., 59(12), 1509-1517.
- Laddi U.V., Desai S.R., Bennur R.S. and Bennur S.C. (2002)., Some new 1,3,4-oxadiazole as antimicrobial agent., Indian J Heterocycl Chem., 11, 319-322.
- Gale E.F., Cundliffe E. and Reynolds P.E., Richmond M. H. and Waring M.J. (1981)., The Molecular Basis of Antibiotic Action., 2nd Ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 473.
- Bhardwaj N., Saraf S.K., Sharma P., Kumar P. (2009)., Syntheses, Evaluation and Characterization of Some1, 3, 4-Oxadiazoles as Antimicrobial Agents., E-Journal of Chemistry, 6(4), 1133-1138.
- Gilani S.J., Alam O., Khan S.A., Siddiqui N. and Kumar H. (2009)., Synthesis of some derived thiadiazolidin-4-one azethidine-2-one and 1,3,4-oxadiazole ring system from isoninicotinicacid Hydrazide: A novel class of potential anti-convulsant agents., Der Pharmacia Lettre, 1, 1-8.
- Almasirad A., Vousooghi N., Tabatabai S.A., Kebriaeezadeh A. and Shafiee A. (2007)., Synthesis, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant activities of substituted 1,3,4-oxadiazole,1,3,4-thiadiazole and 1,2,4-triazole., Acta Chim. Slov., 54, 317-324.
- Bhat M.A., MAl-Omar A. and Siddiqui N. (2010)., Synthesis, anticonvulsant and neurotoxicity of some novel 1,3,4-oxadiazole derivatives of phthalimide., Der Pharma Chemica, 2(2) 1-10.
- Kasabe A.J. and Kasabe P.J. (2010)., Synthesis, Anti tubercular and Analgesic Activity Evaluation of new 3- pyrazoline Derivatives., International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2(2), 132-135.
- Pattan S.R. et al. (2009)., Synthesis and Evaluation of Some Novel Substituted 1,3,4- Oxadiazole and Pyrazole Derivatives For Anti- tubercular Activity., Indian. J. Chem., 48(B), 1453-1456.
- Rivera N.R., Balsells J. and Hansen K.B. (2006)., Synthesis of 2-amino-5-substituted-1,3,4-oxadiazoles using 1,3-dibromo-5,5-dimethylhydantoin as oxidant., Tetrahedron Lett., 47, 4889-4891.
- Essawy E.l. and Khattab F.A. et. al. (2007)., Synthesis of 1,2,4-triazol-3-ylmethyl-,1,3,4-oxa-, and -thiadiazol-2-ylmethyl-1H-[1,2,3]-triazolo[4,5-d]pyrimidinediones., Monatsh. Chem, 138, 777.
- Arthur M. and Courvalin P. (1993)., Genetic and mechanism of glycopeptide resistance in enterococci., Antimicrob Agents Chemother., 37, 1563-1571.
- Sangapure S.S. et. al. (2004)., Synthesis and biological Activities of some 1,3,4- oxadiazole,Thiadiazole, Triazole and Related compounds possessing Benzofuran moiety., Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science., 221- 225.
- Yar S.M., Siddiqui A.A. and Ali M.A. (2007)., Synthesis and Anti-tuberculostatic Activity of Novel 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Derivatives., Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 54, 5-8.
- Barbuceanu S.F. et. al. (2010)., New heterocyclic compounds from 1,3,4-thiadiazole, 1,3,4-oxadiazole and 1,2,4-triazole class with potential antibacterial activity., Rev. Chem. (Bucuresti), 6(2), 140-145.
- Chaudhari Bhata. R. et. al. (2012)., Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Some New 1, 4-Benzothiazine Containing Thiosemicarbazides and 1, 3, 4-Oxadiazole Derivatives., E- Journal of Chemistry., 9(1), 318-322.
- Ananthnarayan R. and Jagram Pancka G.K. (1990)., Text Book of Microbiology., 4th Edn, (Orient Longman).
- Prescott M.L., Harley P.J. and Klein A.D. (2002)., Microbiology Win C., 5th edition, Brown Publisheres, 919-923.
- Connors K.A. (2004)., A Textbook of Pharmaceutical Analysis., John Wiley and Sons Inc.