A Facile synthesis of Coumarin derivatives from Readily available Precursors and Mild acid catalysts
- 1Department of Chemistry, Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 56-60, February,18 (2016)
The present paper reveals the synthesis of a lactone ring of coumarin derivatives of suitable phenolic precursors and lewis acids.The reactions are facile and the products are obtained in high yield.The lewis acids which are common and the reaction follows green route.The products are characterised by 1H NMR spectroscopy and IR spectroscopy.
- Welsch M.E, Synder S.A. and Stockwell B.R. (2010).Curr. Opn. Chem. Biol., 14, 347.
- Abha Kathuria, Savah Jalal, Rakesh Tiwari, AmivNasvolahi Shivazi, Shilpi Gupta, Shiv Kumar,Keykavour Parang and Sunil K Sharma. (2011), Chemistry and Biology Interface, 2, 279-296.
- Borges F. et. al., Chem. Rev. inpres, DOI 10.1021/cv400265z,
- Link K.P. (1959), Circulation, 19, 97.,http//https://circ.ahajournals.org/content/19/1/97.full.pdf+html.
- Jain P.K. and Himanshu Joshi. (2012), Journal ofApplied Pharmaceutical Science, 02(6), 236-240.
- Rajshekharan S., Rao G.K., Sanjay Pai P.N. and AmitRajan. (2011), International Journal of Chem TechResearch, 3(2), 555-559.
- Swayam Sourav Sahoo, Smita Shukla, SubhangankarNandy and Himanshoo Bhushan Sahoo. (2012), European Journal of Experimental Biology, 2(4), 899-908.