Green synthesis of bio based detergent from Madhuca longifolia seed oil
- 1Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
- 2Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
- 3Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
- 4Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
- 5Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
- 6Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
- 7Department of Biotechnology, P.S.R. Engineering College, Sivakasi-626140, Tamilnadu, India
Res.J.chem.sci., Volume 12, Issue (3), Pages 1-4, October,18 (2022)
Surfactant mixtures with cleaning properties make up bio-detergents. Surfactant agents are chemicals like detergents and soaps. Crude oil, which is a finite fossil fuel with a finite supply, is used to make these compounds. To deal with these issue, bio detergents were prepared by using natural oils. Mahua oil extracted from Madhuca longifolia seeds are the potential surfactants and they were rich in fatty acids used for the preparation of bio detergents. The combination of plant M. longifolia seed oil and Ocimum basilicum leaves allowed us to enhance the wash performance. This study found that mahua oil has a promising application, particularly in the soap industry.
- Aiwize, E.A., & Achebo, J.I. (2012)., Liquid soap production with blends of rubber seed oil (RSO) and palm kernel oil (PKO) with locally sourced caustic potash (KOH)., Nigerian Journal of Technology, 31(1), 63-67.
- Orwa, C., Mutua, A., Kindt, R., Jamnadass, R., & Anthony, S. (2009)., Agroforestree Database: a tree reference and selection guide version 4.0. World Agroforestry Centre., Kenya. Novella. Naturally African.
- Rakha, P., Nagpal, M., Sharma, S., & Parle, M. (2009)., Anti-Inflammatory activity of petroleum ether extract of seeds of Ocimum Basilicum Linn., Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 2(3), 589-591.
- Shagana S, Navenaa S, Vijay J, Vishali S and Vadivu Rajendran. (2021)., Investigation of in vitro Anthelmintic activity of Ocimumbasilicum Linn. (Lamiaceae)., Research J. Pharm. and Tech, 14(1):52-54.
- Tateo F. (1989)., The composition of various oils of Ocimumbasilicum L., J Essent Oil Res, 1, 137–8.
- Simon JE, Morales MR, Phippen WB, Vieira RF and Hao Z (1999)., A source of aroma compounds and a popular culinary and ornamental herb., Perspectives on New Crops and New Uses. J. Janick (ed.), ASHS Press, Alexandria, VA,499-505.
- Akgul A. (1989)., Volatile oil composition of sweet basil (Ocimumbasilicum L.) cultivating in Turkey., Nahrung, 33, 87–8.
- Guenther, E. (1972)., The essential oils: History, origin in plants, production., Analysis, 1, 147-151.
- HB. Westport (1981)., Source Book of Flavour., Springer Netherlands, XXVI ,864 ISBN 978-0-87055-370-7.
- Marotti M, Piccaglia R and Giovanelli E. (1996)., Differences in essential oil composition of basil (Ocimumbasilicum L.) Italian cultivars related to morphological characteristics., J Agric Food Chem., 44, 3926–9.
- Tateo F. (1989)., The composition of various oils of Ocimumbasilicum L., J. Essent Oil Res., 1, 137–8.
- B. Venkata Phani Deepthi and P. Muthuprasanna (2012)., Effect of Surfactant on Extraction of Caffeine from Coffee Powder., Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 4(5), 271-276.
- Madan Ranjit Pusapati, Girijasankar Guntuku, Ankamma Chowdary Yarlagadda, Gollapalli Nagaraju, M. Soumya and T.B.V. Lakshmi (2014)., An Overview of Classification, Production and Biomedical Applications of Biosurfactants., Research J. Pharm. and Tech, 7(5), 608-617.
- Aydin Pourkazemi, Ali Mojtahedi, Samaneh Kazemi and Masoud Asgari (2020)., Efficacy of Hand rubbing with alcohol based solution versus standard hand washing with soap and water in a Tertiary care Hospital in The North Iran., Research J. Pharm. and Tech., 13(4), 1615-1618.
- Praveen D, Ranadheer Chowdary P, Gandikota Thanmayi, Gangabathina Poojitha and Vijey Aanandhi M (2016)., Antioxidant and Analgesic Activity of Leaf Extracts of Artocarpus heterophyllus., Research J. Pharm. and Tech., 9(3), 257-261.
- Bisht, V., Neeraj, V. K. S., & Dalal, N. (2018)., Mahua an important Indian species: a review., Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(2), 3414-3418.
- Nurdin, S., Kamin, N. H., Sivaguru, M. V., Ghazali, N. S., Sahad, M. Z., & Haron, S. F. (2017)., Future prospects of biobased detergent derived from Jatropha C. seeds oil (JSO)., Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 11(3), 79-84.
- Tarun, J., Susan, J., Suria, J., Susan, V.J. and Criton, S., (2014)., Evaluation of pH of bathing soaps and shampoos for skin and hair care., Indian J. Dermatol., 59(5), 442–444.
- Asha Monica A. and Senthilkumar S. R. (2020)., Green synthesis and characterization of Silver nanoparticles from Ocimumbasilicum and their Antimicrobial Antioxidant and Anticancer activity., Research J. Pharm. and Tech., 13(12), 5711-5715.