Disaster planning in the libraries of Central Universities at India: An analysis
- 1Govt Arts and Commerce College, Mohna Distt-Gwalior, MP, India
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 10, Issue (2), Pages 1-10, July,21 (2022)
This paper analyses the situation of disaster planning in the libraries of Central universities at India. This paper also describes the different types of disasters. Knowledge of various measuring points are mentioned here which are adopted by the libraries of Central universities. This study also shows the actual position of the preparation and handling capacity of the libraries of Central universities at India on disaster conditions.
- Eden, P. & Matthews, G. (1996)., Disaster management in libraries., Library management, 17(3), 5-12.
- Nomani, M. Z. M., & Parveen, R. (2020)., Covid-19 pandemic and application of disaster management act, 2005: Promises and pitfalls., International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 12(4), 3730-3734.
- Govt of India (2018)., National Disaster management Authority., https://ndma.gov.in/en/disaster.html. Retrieved Sept 24, 2018, from https://ndma.gov.in/en/disaster.html
- Kaur, T. (2009)., Disaster planning in university libraries in India: a neglected area., New Library world, 110(3/4), 175-187. doi:10.1108/03074800910941365
- Biswas, B. C., & Choudhuri, S. K. (2012)., Digital information resources for disaster management of libraries and information centres., Bangladesh Journal of Library and Information Science, 2(1), 12-21.
- Rattan, P. (2013)., Role of library and information centres in disaster management., Library Philosophy and Practice (ejournal), 886, 1-11. Retrieved 05 21, 2017, from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/886
- Abareh, H. M. (2014)., Survey of disaster preparedness by heads of academic libraries in North-Eastern Nigeria., Global journal of academic librarianship, 3(1), 45-57. from http://www.ripublication.com
- Gupta, S. (2016)., Leaking AC plant floods National Library., 60K periodicals ruined. KolKatta, India: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- Buchanan, S. (1988)., Disaster Planning, Preparedness and Recovery for Libraries and Archives: A RAMP Study with Guidelines., Paris: General Information Programme and UNISIST. Retrieved 05 21, 2017, from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0007/000798/079813eb.pdf.
- Lyall, J. (1995)., Disaster planning for libraries and archives: Understanding the essential issues., National Library of Australia Staff Papers.
- McIlwaine, J. (2006)., IFLA disaster preparedness and planning -A Brief manual., Paris: IFLA-PAC (Preservation and Conservation).
- Morgan, G., & Smith, J. G. (1997)., Disaster management in libraries: the role of a disaster plan., South African journal of library and information science, 65, 62-71.
- Barua, N. (2018)., Disaster management in college libraries: a study in India., International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts, 6(5), 43-46.
- Kalyani , K., & Prabhakaran, A. (2014)., Are we ready to face the disasters at libraries in india?., The need for focusing disaster preparedness from disaster management. American research thoughts, 241-250. Retrieved 10 10, 2017, from www.researchthoughts.us
- Juryiah, M. K., & Norazlina, D. (2015)., Disaster preparedness for academic libraries in Malaysia: an exploratory study., International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic and Management Engineering, 9(10), 2946-2952.
- Zaveri, P. (2012)., Disaster management in libraries in india., Ph.D. Thesis, S.N.D.T. women’sUniversity, S.H.P.T. school of library science, Mumbai.
- Arora, J. (2009)., Disaster planning,preparedness and recovery for libraries of National importance in Delhi., PhD Thesis, Jiwaji University, School of studies in library and information sicence, Gwalior.
- Bansal, J. (2015)., Disaster management in libraries: an overview., Gyankosh, 6(1), 9.