To study the effects of sky practices among middle-aged women on selected Psycological Variable
- 1WCSC-SKY Research Centre, Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India
- 2WCSC-SKY Research Centre, Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 10, Issue (1), Pages 1-3, November,23 (2022)
The researcher aims to study the effect of SKY practices on Middle-aged women. Middle age is a very crucial phase in women’s life and many lifestyle-oriented diseases target women at this phase. The researcher selected 60 women from a gated community in Chennai and divided them into two groups of thirty each. Questionnaire on Self- confidence was given to all the women. This was considered Pre- Test. Thirty women were not given any practices. This group was considered as Control group. The other group underwent six months of SKY practices every day except Saturday and were considered Experimental group. After six-months of SKY practice same questionnaire on Self-Confidence was given to all of them. This was considered Post-Test. The experimental group women showed good improvement in their Physical and Psychological wellbeing.
- Thathuva Gnani Vethathiri Maharishi (1972)., Yoga for Modern Age., Vethathiri Publications, pp 9.
- Thathuva Gnani Vethathiri Maharishi (1991)., World Community Service Centre., Vethathiri Publications, pp33.
- Thathuva Gnani Vethathiri Maharishi (2006)., Smart Teachers Guide., Vethathiri Publications, pp10.
- Thathuva Gnani Vethathiri Maharishi (2004)., Kaya Kalpa Yoga., Vethathiri Publications, pp 3-24.
- Thathuva Gnani Vethathiri Maharishi (1977)., Simplified Physical Exercise., Vethathiri Publications, pp13-17.
- Selvamani Parimala (2014)., Effect of Kaya Kalpa Yoga with and without Deer Exercise on Selected Physiological and Psychological variables on middle aged women with Irregular periods., Tamil Nadu physical education and Sports University, Chennai.
- Saradha, M. & Rajam, A. (2017)., Effect of kundalini yoga and yogic practices on selected physical fitness variables of college women students., Int J Adapt Phys Educ Yoga, 2(4), 1-14.
- Saradha. M (2017)., Effect of Simplified Kundalini Yoga on selected Psychological variables of college women students., International Journal of Adapted Physical education & Yoga, 4(3), 1-13.
- Gwalani, A. R. & Perumal, K. (2019)., Effect of kayakalpa with deer exercise and suryanamaskaram on abdomen strength among college girls., Significance, 357(56), 2663-063.