Green synthesis of Zr(IV)aluminophosphate nanoparticles using psyllium husk mucilage for the photodegradation of crystal violet and Fast sulphon black F
- 1Department of Chemistry, IEC University, Baddi, HP, India
- 2Department of Chemistry, IEC University, Baddi, HP, India
- 3Department of Chemistry, Maharaja Agrasen University, Baddi, HP, India
- 4Department of Chemistry, IEC University, Baddi, HP, India
Res. J. Material Sci., Volume 10, Issue (1), Pages 9-20, February,16 (2022)
Now a days, green synthesis of nanoparticles using plant extracts (seeds, leaves, roots etc.) are in prodigious trend. In this, sol-gel synthesis of psylliumhusk mucilage/Zr(IV) aluminophosphate (PHM@ZAP) nanoparticles has been designed at fixed temperature. PHM@ZAP nanoparticles was characterized through FTIR, SEM, TEM, XRD, UV-Vis and EDS techniques. TEM images showed cluster of nanoparticles with diameter of 50nm approximately which confirm it was nanomaterial. SEM micrographs illustrates that entire morphology was reformed after the mixing of polymeric chains results porous and rough surface with granular particles. PHM@ZAP was explored for the photodegradation of CV and FSB. Effect of various parameters like effect of time, pH effect, effect of dye concentration and photocatlyst dosage has been studied. It was noticed that PHM@ZAP degraded both CV and FSB to large extent as compared to ZAP.80.07% and 78.01% of FSB and CV has been degraded by PHM@ZAP within 180 minutes.
- Appannagari, R.R. (2017)., Environmental pollution causes and consequences: a study., Int. J. Human. Soc. Sci. Res. k, 3(8), 151-61.
- Schell, L.M. and Denham, M. (2003)., Environmental pollution in urban environments and human biology., Annu. Rev. Anthropol., 32, 111-34.
- Saxena, G. Chandra, R. and Bharagava, R.N. (2016)., Environmental pollution, toxicity profile and treatment approaches for tannery wastewater and its chemical pollutants., Rev environ contam T., 240,31-69.
- Shrivastava, A.K. (2009)., A review on copper pollution and its removal from water bodies by pollution control technologies., Indian j. environ. prot.29,552-60.
- Swami, D. and Buddhi, D. (2006)., Removal of contaminants from industrial wastewater through various non-conventional technologies: a review., Int J Environ Pollut., 27,324-46.
- Thomas, A. (1995)., Regulating pollution under asymmetric information: The case of industrial wastewater treatment., J. Environ. Econ. Manag., 28, 357-73.
- Kadirvelu, K. Karthika, C. Vennilamani, N. and Pattabhi, S. (2005)., Activated carbon from industrial solid waste as an adsorbent for the removal of Rhodamine-B from aqueous solution: Kinetic and equilibrium studies., Chemosphere, 60, 1009-17.
- Mirzaei, P. A. and Haghighat, F. (2011)., Pollution removal effectiveness of the pedestrian ventilation system., J. Wind. Eng. Ind. Aerodyn. 99, 46-58.
- Kadhom, M. Albayati, N. Alalwan, H. and Al-Furaiji, M. (2020)., Removal of dyes by agricultural waste., Sustain. Chem. Pharm., 16, 100259.
- Yu, Z. Hu, C. Dichiara, A.B. Jiang, W. and Gu, J. (2020)., Cellulose nanofibril/carbon nanomaterial hybrid aerogels for adsorption removal of cationic and anionic organic dyes., J. Nanomater., 10(1), 169.
- Mao, B. Sidhureddy, B. Thiruppathi, A.R. Wood, P.C. and Chen, A. (2020)., Efficient dye removal and separation based on graphene oxide nanomaterials., New J Chem., 44(11), 4519-28.
- Rao, S.K. Ranyal, R.K. Bhatia, S.S. and Sharma, V.R. (2004)., Biomedical waste management: an infrastructural survey of hospitals., Med J Armed Forces India, 60, 379-82.
- Patil, P.M. and Bohara, R.A. (2020)., Nanoparticles impact in biomedical waste management., Waste Manag. Res., 38, 1189-203.
- Gautam,V. Thapar, R. and Sharma, M. (2010). Biomedical waste management: Incineration vs. environmental safety., Indian J. Med. Microbiol., 28, 191., undefined
- Van de Velde, K. and Kiekens, P. (2002)., Biopolymers: overview of several properties and consequences on their applications., Polym. Test., 21, 433-42.
- Guleria, A. Sharma, R. and Shandilya, P. (2021)., Photocatalytic and Adsorptional Removal of Heavy Metals from Contaminated Water using Nanohybrids., Photocatalysis: Advanced Materials and Reaction Engineering.100, 113-60.
- Shandilya, P. Sambyal, S. Sharma, R. Kumar, A. and Vo, D.V. (2021)., Recent Advancement on Ferrite Based Heterojunction for Photocatalytic Degradation of Organic Pollutants: A Review., Ferrite: Nanostructures with Tunable Properties and Diverse Applications, 112, 121-61.
- Shandilya, P. Guleria, A. and Fang, B. (2021). A magnetically recyclable dual step-scheme Bi2WO6/Fe2O3/ WO3 heterojunction for photodegradation of bisphenol-A from aqueous solution., J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 106461., undefined
- Guleria, A. Sharma, R. Singh, A. Upadhyay, N.K. and Shandilya, P. (2021)., Direct dual-Z-scheme PANI/Ag2O/ Cu2O heterojunction with broad absorption range for photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue., J. Water Process. Eng., 43, 102305.
- Shandilya, P. Mandyal, P. Kumar, V. and Sillanpaa, M. (2021)., Properties, synthesis, and recent advancement in photocatalytic applications of graphdiyne: a review., Sep. Purif. Technol., 19825.
- Shandilya, P. Sharma, R. Arya, R.K. Kumar, A. Vo, D.V. and Sharma, G. (2021)., Recent progress and challenges in photocatalytic water splitting using layered double hydroxides (LDH) based nanocomposites., Int. J. Hydrog. Energy.
- Sharma, R. Arizaga, G.G. Saini, A.K. and Shandilya, P. (2021)., Layered double hydroxide as multifunctional materials for environmental remediation: Fromchemical pollutants to microorganisms. Sustain., Mater. Technol. e00319.
- Morshed, M.N. Al Azad, S. Deb, H. Shaun, B.B. and Shen, X.L. (2020)., Titania-loaded cellulose-based functional hybrid nanomaterial for photocatalytic degradation of toxic aromatic dye in water., J. Water Process. Eng., 33, 101062.
- Shandilya, P. Raizada, P. Sudhaik, A. Saini, A. Saini, R. and Singh, P. (2021)., Metal and Carbon Quantum Dot Photocatalysts for Water Purification., InWater Pollution and Remediation: Photocatalysis, 81-118.
- Kurita, K. (2006)., Chitin and chitosan: functional biopolymers from marine crustaceans., Mar. Biotechnol., 8, 203-26.
- Rao, M. Bharathi, G. P. and Akila, R.M. (2014)., A comprehensive review on biopolymers., Sci. Revs. Chem. Commun., 4, 61-8.
- Giesa, T. and Buehler, M.J. (2013)., Nanoconfinementand the Strength of Biopolymers., Annu. Rev. Biophys., 42, 651-73.
- George, A. Sanjay, M.R. Srisuk, Parameswaranpillai, R. and Siengchin, J. S. (2020)., A comprehensive review on chemical properties and applications of biopolymers and their composites., Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 154, 329-38.
- Lapointe, M. and Barbeau, B. (2020)., Understanding the roles and characterizing the intrinsic properties of synthetic vs. natural polymers to improve clarification through interparticle Bridging: A review., Sep Purif Technol., 231,115893.
- Donato, R.K. and Mija, A. (2020)., Keratin associations with synthetic, biosynthetic and natural polymers: An extensive review., Polymers, 12, 32.
- Sell, S.A. Wolfe, P.S. Garg, K.McCool, J.M. Rodriguez, I.A. and Bowlin, G.L. (2010)., The use of natural polymers in tissue engineering: a focus on electrospun extracellular matrix analogues., Polymers., 2, 522-53.
- Martina, M. and Hutmacher, D.W. (2007)., Biodegradable polymers applied in tissue engineering research: a review., Polym. Int., 56, 145-57.
- Garg, A. Garg, S. Kumar, M. Kumar, S. Shukla, A.K. and Kaushik, S.P. (2018)., Applications of natural polymers in mucoadhesive drug delivery: An overview., Adv. Pharm. J.3, 38-42.
- Mehmood, M. H. Aziz, N. Ghayur, M.N. and Gilani, A.H. (2011)., Pharmacological basis for the medicinal use of psyllium husk (Ispaghula) in constipation and diarrhea., Dig. Dis. Sci., 56, 1460-71.
- Giacosa, A. and Rondanelli, M. (2010)., The right fiber for the right disease: an update on the psyllium seed husk and the metabolic syndrome., J. Clin. Gastroenterol., 44, S58-60.
- Qaisrani, T.B. Butt, M.S. Hussain, S. and Ibrahim, M. (2014)., Characterization and utilization of psyllium husk for the preparation of dietetic cookies., Int. J. Mod. Agric., 3, 81-91.
- Sukhija, S. Singh, S. and Riar, C.S. (2016)., Analyzing the effect of whey protein concentrate and psyllium husk on various characteristics of biodegradable film from lotus (Nelumbonucifera) rhizome starch., Food Hydrocoll., 60, 128-37.
- Gharibzahedi, S.M. Razavi, S.H. and Mousavi, S.M. (2013)., Psyllium husk gum: An attractive carbohydrate biopolymer for the production of stable canthaxanthin emulsions., Carbohydr. Polym., 92, 2002-11.
- Ladjevardi, Z.S. Gharibzahedi, S.M. and Mousavi, M. (2015)., , Development of a stable low-fat yogurt gel using functionality of psyllium (Plantagoovata Forsk) husk gum.
- Pathania D., Thakur M. and Mishra A.K. (2017)., Alginate-Zr (IV) phosphate nanocomposite ion exchanger: Binary separation of heavy metals, photocatalysis and antimicrobial activity., J. Alloys Compd., 701, 153-62.
- Thakur, M. and Pathania, D. (2019)., Sol–gel synthesis of gelatin–zirconium (IV) tungstophosphatenano composite ion exchanger and application for the estimation of Cd (II) ions., J Solgel Sci Technol., 89, 700-12.
- Pathania, D. Thakur, M. Puri, V. and Jasrotia, S. (2018)., Fabrication of electrically conductive membrane electrode of gelatin-tin (IV) phosphate nanocomposite for the detection of cobalt (II) ions., Adv Powder Technol., 29, 915-24.
- Pathania, D. Agarwal, S. Gupta, V.K. Thakur, M. and Alharbi, N.S. (2018)., Zirconium (IV) phosphate/poly (gelatin-cl-alginate) nanocomposite as ion exchanger and Al3+ potentiometric sensor., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 13, 994-1012.
- Abou Hammad, A.B. Elnahrawy, A.M. and Youssef, A.M. (2019)., Sol gel synthesis of hybrid chitosan/calcium aluminosilicatenano composite membranes and its application as support for CO2 sensor., Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 125, 503-9.
- Pathania, D. Thakur, M. Sharma, G. and Mishra, A.K. (2018)., Tin (IV) phosphate/poly (gelatin-cl-alginate) nanocomposite: Photocatalysis and fabrication of potentiometric sensor for Pb (II)., Mater. Today Commun., 14, 282-93.
- Gupta, V. Sharma, G. Kumar, A. and Stadler, F.J. (2019)., Preparation and characterization of Gum Acacia/Ce (IV) MoPO4 nanocomposite ion exchanger for photocatalytic degradation of methyl violet dye., J Inorg Organomet Polym Mater., 29, 1171-83.
- Jeyasubramanian, K. Hikku, G.S. and Sharma, R.K. (2015)., Photo-catalytic degradation of methyl violet dye using zinc oxide nano particles prepared by a novel precipitation method and its anti-bacterial activities., Water Process. Eng., 8, 35-44.
- Liu, G. and Zhao, J. (2000)., Photocatalytic degradation of dye sulforhodamine B: a comparative study of photocatalysis with photosensitization., New J. Chem., 24, 411-7.
- Ren, X. Xu, D. Yin, Y. Zou, X. Wang, Y. Shang, X. and Wang, X (2021)., High Catalytic Performance and Sustainability of Zr Modified Aluminophosphate for Vapor-Phase Selective O-Methylation of Catechol with Methanol., Catalysts., 11, 740.
- Sreenivasulu, P. Viswanadham, N. Sharma, T. and Sreedhar, B. (2014)., Synthesis of orderly nanoporous aluminophosphate and zirconium phosphate materials and their catalytic applications., Chem Comm., 50, 6232-5.