Lignicolous Marine Fungi from Libya
- 1Department of Biology, Faculty of Education, University of Tripoli, Libya
- 2Department of Biology, Faculty of Education, University of Tripoli, Libya
- 3Department of Biology, Faculty of Education, University of Tripoli, Libya
Res. J. Marine Sci., Volume 10, Issue (1), Pages 1-3, December,13 (2022)
Examination of driftwood and landed phanerogamic debris found loose on sea shores along the western coast of Libya, yielded (20 species ) of marine fungi: Ascomycetes (16) and Hyphomycetes (4). Of these (5) species were reported for the first time in Libya. Brief descriptions of the recorded species are presented.
- Barghoorn E. S. and Linder D. H. (1944)., Marine fungi their taxonomy and Biology., Farlowia, 1(3), 395-467.
- Johnson T. W and Sparrow F. K. (1961)., Marine fungi in oceans and estuaries., Gramar, Weinheim, Germany, pp 391.
- Kohlmeyer J. and Kohlmeyer E. (1979)., Marine Mycology., The higher fungi Academic press, New York, 690 pp .
- Kohlmeyer and Kohlmeyer (1991)., Illustrated Key to the filamentous Higher marine fungi., Botanica marina, 34, 1- 61.
- Kohlmeyer J. (1984)., Tropical marine fungi., Marine Ecology, 5(4), 329-378
- Masuda Sifaw Ghenghish (2017)., New taxa for marine fungi from western coast of Libya., American Journal of Biology and life science, 5(6), 51- 54.
- Faten Abdel Aziz (2011)., Taxonomical studies on some selected genera of aquatic fungi in Egypt., M. Sc. Thesis, Sohag University, Egypt, 166.
- EL Buni and Rattan (1981)., Check list of Libyan fungi. Al-Fatah University., Faculty of science, Department of Botany, Tripoli Libya.
- Ravikumar S., Jacob Inbaneson S., Suganthi P. and Gnanadesigan, M. (2011)., In vitro antiplasmodial activity of ethanolic extracts of mangrove plants from South East coast of India against chloroquine-sensitive Plasmodium falciparum., Parasitology research, 108(4), 873-878.