Assay of amoxicillin trihydrate and bromhexine hydrochloride by UV-spectrophotometric third order derivative method in combined dosage form
- 1Central research laboratory, D.G. Ruparel College, Matunga, Mumbai 400016, India
Res. J. of Pharmaceutical Sci., Volume 6, Issue (4), Pages 1-5, June,30 (2017)
A new economical and sensitive derivative, UV spectrophotometric, third order method is proposed for the validation of amoxicillin and bromhexine hydrochloride. Tablet dosages. The ICH guidelines were used for validation. The validation involves the study of optical density of two component at zero crossing point of each others. Therefore 220 nm and 236.2 nm wavelengths were found to be suitable for the assay of bromhexine hydrochloride and amoxicillin tri-hydrate respectively. A concentration range of 1 to 14 µg /ml (r2= 0.9991) for bromhexine hydrochloride and 10 to 100 µg /ml (r2= 0.9999) for amoxicillin showed the linearity study of the proposed method respectively. The 100.2 % for bromhexine hydrochloride and 100.15 % for amoxicillin were found as RSD values respectively. A statistical studies was used for validation for its accuracy, linearity as well as for precision. A less percentage (%) of RSD values for study of intra and inter day variations showed higher degree of precision.
- The United States Pharmacopoeia, United States Pharmacopoeia convention, Inc (2012)., Rockville., USP 35 NF 30, Vol. I, II, III and IV, 2195 - 2198, 2202 – 2203.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia, Controller of Publication, Delhi, (2010), Vol. I, II and III: 816 - 817, 921 – 923, undefined, undefined
- British Pharmacopoeia, British Pharmacopoeia Commission, (2012), Vol. I, II, III, IV and V: 154 - 156, 295 - 297, 2453 - 2456., undefined, undefined
- Sonavane L.V. and Bari S.B. et al., (2010)., Development and validation of RP HPLC method for simultaneous determination of amoxicillin trihydrate and bromhexine hydrochloride from oily suspension., Pharma Anal Acta., 1,2
- Rajan V. Rele and Rajesh N. Mali (2013)., Simultaneous determination of amoxicillin trihydrate and Bromhexine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography., Der pharma chemica, 5(1), 273-278.
- Rajan V. Rele (2015)., Simultaneous determination of bromhexine hydrochloride and salbutamol sulphate in pharmaceutical dosage by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography., Der pharmacia letter, 7(3), 157-161.
- Dhoka M. et.al. (2011)., Simultaneous estimation of amoxicillin trihydrate and bromhexine hydrochloride in oral solid dosage forms by spectrophotometric method., J. Mex. Chem. Soc., 55(2), 79 – 83.
- Dhoka M.V., Gawande V.T. and Joshi P.P. et al. (2011)., Simultaneous determination bromhexine and amoxicillin in pharmaceutical formulation by capillary electrophoresis., IJRP, 2(3), 197-200.
- Rajan V. Rele (2015)., Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of amoxicillin trihydrate and bromhexine hydrochloride by second order derivative method in combined dosage form., International journal of chemical sciences, 13(1), 441-449.
- Rajan V. Rele, S.S. Zarapkar and V.M. Shah (1988)., Simple spectrophotometric methods for estimation of bromhexine hydrochloride., Indian Drugs, 26(1), 38-41.
- Rele R.V., S.S. Zarapkar and V.J. Doshi (1987)., A simple extractive colorimetric determination of Three drug from pharmaceutical preparations., Indian drugs, 24(12), 560-564.