Fluctuation monitoring of seasonal ground water levels in Kayampur area, Mandsaur District, Madhya Pradesh, India
- 1Department of Geology, Govt. Science College Jabalpur, M.P., India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 10, Issue (2), Pages 64-69, April,22 (2021)
The present paper deals with the fluctuation monitoring of seasonal groundwater open dug wells existing in the Kayampur area, located in Mandsaur district of Madhya Pradesh in India. The examination of 35 dug wells has been carried out and recorded data in respect of wells such as location, diameter, depth of well, static water levels during post-and pre-monsoon session and mode of lifting water. The well diameter varies from 3.5 to 11meters; depth of wells ranges from 8.7 to 23.5 meters b.g.l., static water levels differ pre-monsoon from 5.3 to 16.5 meters b.g.l. and post-monsoon from 1 to 5.5m. b.g.l. The seasonal fluctuation analysis of open dug wells recorded during post and pre monsoon period indicate a fluctuation range from 4 to 14.2 meter, b.g.l. The mode of lifting of water is both manual and pumping set. The ground water levels contour maps of post-and pre-monsoon periods indicate, pattern of the ground water potential zones and movement of groundwater flow direction. Probable reasons responsible for seasonal groundwater level fluctuation include geological conditions, topography, rainfall variation in amount and frequency and climatic variation.
- Blanford W.T. (1869)., On the Geology of Taptee and Lower Narmada Valley and some adjoining districts., Mem. Geol. Surv. India, 6(3), 163-221.
- Pascoe E. H. (1964)., A Manual of the Geology of India and Burma. Govt. India., Controller and Publication, Delhi, p.1347-1361.
- Krishnan M. S. (1968)., Geology of India and Burma., Higginbothams (pvt.) Ltd., Madras, p. 555.
- Krishnan M. S. (1982)., Geology of India and Burma., C.B.S. publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, p. 534-537.
- Davis, W.M. (1909)., Geographical essays., Ginn and Co. Boston, (reprint, 1964). Dover Publ.,Inc., New York.
- Russell, R. J. (1949)., Geographical geomorphology., Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 39(1), 1-11.
- Spark, B.W. (1960)., Geomorphology., Longmans London, p. 371.
- Fetter C.W. (1988)., Applied Hydrogeology Merrill bubl. Co., A Bell and Howell information Co. Columbus Ohio, U.S.A. 529 p.
- Todd, D.K. (1959)., Ground water Hydrology John., Wiley sons, New yark, p. 336-525.
- Todd, D.K. (1980)., Ground water Hydrology., John. Wiley sons, New yark, p.123-139.
- Todd, D.K. (2010)., Ground water Hydrology., John. Wiley sons, New yark, p. 123-139.
- Raghunath H.M. (1982)., Groundwater., Willey Eastern Ltd. New Delhi, p. 456.
- Raghunath H.M. (1985)., Groundwater., Willey Eastern Ltd. New Delhi, p. 456.
- Karanth K.R. (1994)., Ground Water Assessment, Development and Management., Tata Mc-Graw-Hill Publ. Co. Ltd., New Delhi, p.696.
- Karanth K.R. (2003)., Ground Water Assessment, Development and Management., Tata Mc-Graw-Hill Publ. Co. Ltd., New Delhi, p.720.
- Karanth K.R. (2009)., Ground Water Assessment, Development and Management., Tata Mc-Graw-Hill Publ. Co. Ltd., New Delhi, p.696.
- Parmita Saikia and Narayan Chetry (2020)., Study of Fluctuation in the Groundwater level in Rajasthan; A Spatio-Temparal Approach., IJERT, 2.
- Davis S.N. and De Wiest R.J.M. (1966)., Hydrogeology., John Wiley and Sons, New York, p. 463.