Smart Desktop System for detecting Motorcar Number plates
- 1GITAM University, Visakhapatnam 530045, India
- 2GITAM University, Visakhapatnam 530045, India
Res. J. Computer & IT Sci., Volume 10, Issue (1), Pages 19-22, June,20 (2022)
An expanding increase in the number of motorcars necessitatesdirect systems to maintain motorcar in detail. These details aremainly required for the management of traffic andfor reducing and limiting motorcar crimes. Number plate identification is the best and proper way for motorcar number plate recognition and detection. A few of current algorithms, which are derived from learning rules, take a great period and proficiency before giving an acceptableoutcomebut,insufficiency in reliability and accuracy. Here the suggested algorithm, andmethod of systematic for the recognitionofmotorcar number plates is designed. "The algorithm addresses scaling and title of the exact position of characters with a great accuracy rate of 98.07%".
- Hung, K. M., & Hsieh, C. T. (2010)., A real-time mobile vehicle license plate detection and recognition., Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, 13(4), 433-442.
- Kumar, P. M., Kumaresan, P., & Jilani, D. S. (2012)., The Real Time Vehicle License Plate Identification System., International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, 2(4), 35-39.
- Massoud, M. A., Sabee, M., Gergais, M., & Bakhit, R. (2013)., Automated new license plate recognition in Egypt., Alexandria Engineering Journal, 52(3), 319-326.
- Chen, R. and Luo, Y. (2012)., An improved license plate location method based on edge detection., Physics Procedia, 24 Jan, pp.1350-1356.
- Khalil, M. I. (2010)., Car plate recognition using the template matching method., International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, 2(5), 683.
- Anishiya, P. & Joans, S. M. (2011)., Number plate recognition for Indian cars using morphological dilation and erosion with the aid of ocrs., In International Conference on Information and Network Technology, 4.
- Lawrence, S., Giles, C. L., Tsoi, A. C. & Back, A. D. (1997)., Face recognition: A convolutional neural-network approach., IEEE transactions on neural networks, 8(1), 98-113.
- Lowe, D. G. (1999)., Object recognition from local scale-invariant features., In Proceedings of the seventh IEEE International conference on computer vision, 2, pp. 1150-1157. IEEE.
- Du, Y., Shi, W., & Liu, C. (2012)., Research on an efficient method of license plate location., Physics Procedia, 24, 1990-1995.
- Kumar, S., Agarwal, S., & Saurabh, K. (2008)., License plate recognition system or indian vehicles., International Journal of Information Technology, 1(2), 311-325.
- Lazrus, A., Choubey, S. & Sinha, G. R. (2011)., An efficient method of vehicle number plate detection and recognition., International journal of machine intelligence, 3(3), 134-137.
- Koval, V., Turchenko, V., Kochan, V., Sachenko, A., & Markowsky, G. (2003)., Smart license plate recognition system based on image processing using neural network., In Second IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications, 2003. Proceedings pp. 123-127. IEEE.
- Ozbay, S., & Ercelebi, E. (2005)., Automatic vehicle identification by plate recognition., World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 9(41), 222-225.
- Shidore, M. M. & Narote, S. P. (2011)., Number plate recognition for Indian vehicles., IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 11(2), 143-146.
- Olson, C. F. & Huttenlocher, D. P. (1997)., Automatic target recognition by matching oriented edge pixels., IEEE Transactions on image processing, 6(1), 103-113.
- Vicente, S., Kolmogorov, V., & Rother, C. (2008)., Graph cut based image segmentation with connectivity priors., In 2008 IEEE conference on computer vision and pattern recognition, pp. 1-8. IEEE.
- Karwal, H. & Girdhar, A. (2015)., Vehicle number plate detection system for Indian vehicles., In 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology, pp.8-12. IEEE.